Business Training for Pastors
The Master of Science in Ecclesial Administration and Management is a professional degree that prepares clergy for effective and efficient parish and diocesan leadership. The 30-credit Master of Science in Ecclesial Administration and Management (MEAM) degree consists in a one-week on-campus intensive immersion session and the balance of the coursework online. Course content emphasizes various aspects of fundraising, the transparent management of financial resources, the organization and management of employees, and effective communication strategies with the dual aims of promoting faithful stewardship and fostering growth through evangelization.
The program’s goal is to take inspiration from the proven best practices established in the secular business environment and assist the clergy and key figures in parishes, dioceses and religious orders to manage day-to-day administrative responsibilities and to best respond to particular challenges and difficulties that might arise.
- The transparent management of financial resources
- The good organization of human resources
- Effective communication strategies
We offer the tools needed to support those responsible for serving the primary activity of the Church. The program recognizes the “managerial” role of the priest as implicit in his vocational responsibilities and seeks to introduce new approaches and methodologies, new managerial and organizational techniques, for identifying, solving and even preventing crises, as well as reflects on the place of the priest’s managerial responsibilities within his call as to live as shepherd and servant.
- Governance Structures in the Church and Canon Law of Temporal Goods
- Ethics and the Social Teaching of the Church on Business
- Personnel Management and Administration
- Strategic and Operational Leadership
- Transparency and the Spirit of Enterprise
- Ecclesial Budgeting, Accounting and Asset Maintenance
- Financial Reporting, Controlling and Asset Management
- Stewardship: Parish Fundraising, Capital Campaigns and Project Management
- Communication strategies in the Digital Age, Information Technology and Outreach
- Crisis Management and Accountability to the Faithful
For more information, contact us: https://business.catholic.edu
Program Director: Mario Enzler